Sunday, November 29, 2009

NaBloPoMo # 29: Sunday Mini Review: The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis


I liked almost everything in this book. The meeting of Digory and Polly, the strange passageway between their houses, the 'mad' uncle Andrew and his aspirations to become a magician, his magic rings and the making of Narnia by strong and brave Aslan, the lion.
I was also in awe of the description of the doomed kingdom Charns, where the evil queen/witch Jadis ruled.


I wonder  if Narnia is still magical?!



This is the 29th post in the NaBloPoMo-challenge. See my page here.

5 comments:

mimbles said...

I love The Magician's Nephew, as a kid I wanted a secret room of my own like Polly had in the attic.

Dorte H said...

All I know is that you are young enough, Narnia is certainly magical. My youngest daughter loved the books when she read them a few years ago, and for her 17th birthday I bought the whole series for her in English. She was so happy!

Heidenkind said...

Why wouldn't it be?!

Beth F said...

I love this series and have read all the books several times over the year.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

This is one of my favorite series of books, and I too loved the doomed kingdom in Magician's Nephew. When I was little, the scene where the guinea pigs were not so lucky in the first experiments with travelling through dimensions, I couldn't stop laughing. My dark sense of humor emerged early...

And the scene where they go to the Wood between the Worlds is an image that stays with me. Sometimes when I'm in the woods and see a particular stretch that reminds me of that, I'll say to my sister, "Look - it's just like that place in the Narnia books," and she'll know exactly what I mean.