Tuesday, November 17, 2009

NaBloPomo # 17: More than halfway there

This past Sunday, we were halfway through the National Blog Posting Month, where the aim is to post (at least) one post a day. I also participated in this last year as a tool to get back into blogging again after not having been very active for a year. And it proved a great thing to do, although on some days, specially around this time, it was very hard to come up with something borderline meaningful to write. Last year I did post a lot of older reviews written pre-blogging times on other sites. You can say that I had a little back catalogue of texts I could use for those days where blogging was not what I felt most inspired to do. This year I only have a very little number of old reviews I can use, so most days I am trying to find something to post about. Usually if I do not think I have anything to say, I just refrain from writing that day - or week. But not during November. I WILL post every day. Not to prove myself, but because I enjoy it 9 out of 10 days. I can live with few days where blogging feels like an obligation instead of fun.

One thing I have noticed is that when I compare the posts I wrote last year during the NaBloPoMo and the posts written this year, then it is clear that this year's posts are better! Perhaps because I have been blogging regurlaly through the year, perhaps because I feel more at ease now in the book blogging community, perhaps because I have to write most of the posts from skratch this year, and because I do not have such a back catalogue I can grab texts from so often.

I don't know, but I know that it is much fun and that I enjoy it a lot. It is a great excercise for me having comitted myself to it, so I expect the next 13 days to be as much fun. Only regret is that I do not feel that I have enough time to visit other blogs and do as much commenting as I would've liked. The day need more hours!

This is the 17th post in the NaBloPoMo-challenge. See my page here. The NaBloPoMo button is made by Tracey Delaney.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Blogging does seem to get easier with practice. I found a similar thing when I did blog post bingo for the blog improvement project. The first time was really hard, but the second time was much easier. Keep up the good work!

Beth F said...

Congrats with the halfway point. I know what you mean about noticing improvement. That's one of the great things about blogging.

Aarti said...

I am so happy you want to do a Riveters post! I'll add you to the line-up. No need to know who you're doing yet- you have some weeks :-)

Heidenkind said...

You're doing really great with NaBloPoMo. I've also noticed that my posts from right now seem better than my posts a year ago--which is a good thing!