Sunday, November 22, 2009

NaBloPoMo # 22: Sunday Mini Review: It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers by Louise Rennison

I read this book some years ago thinking it was about a young woman, not a girl.
One one of the first pages of It's Okay, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson) it says that Georgia, our heroine, is a youg Bridget Jones. And that is not all that wrong.
The book is about Georgia, aged 14 and her teenage trouble with parents, little sister, boyfriends, school, looks etc.
The plot or non-plot of this book would have been utterly boring, if it wasn't for the very funny use of the English/British language. I am also sure every girl aged 12-99 can relate to some of Georgia's antics if not all of them.
By now the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson has become a long series, but this is the only one I've read.


This is the 22nd post in the NaBloPoMo-challenge. See my page here.

2 comments:

Beth F said...

I haven't read this series, but I liked Bridget Jones.

Dorte H said...

I also liked Bridget - light entertainment. So funny, British language sounds good :D