Thursday, November 12, 2009

NaBloPoMo # 12: Which one and why?



Like so many other readers and bloggers, I have a mountain of TBR-books. Some were brought into the house and onto the shelves years ago, others are quite new, although I have been pretty good in that I have recently tried to read the books coming in when they come in, so as not to make the TBR grow any taller.

But I was wondering if you could direct me to one book of the TBR which I MUST read before January 1, 2010. And perhaps you could also explain WHY I should read that one. Just a line or two as to why that particular book is a must-read :o)

This list is not by any means a complete picture of my TBR, its only a selection, and they are listed in completely random order:

William Faulkner: Light in August
Cormac McCarthy: The Road
James Lee Burke: Jesus out to Sea
Tom Wolfe: I am Charlotte Simmons
Siri Hustvedt: What I Loved
Sebastian Faulks: Engleby

Now let me know which one and why.

This is the twelwth post in the NaBloPoMo-challenge. See my page here. Image on top of post is made by Elizabeth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only read The Road and I am Charlotte Simmons off your list. The Road is awesome!! I would definitely recommend it. As for I am Charlotte Simmons, I hated it! I couldn't stand Charlotte. She was so whiny and self deprecating.

Louise said...

Thanks reviewsbylola! I've heard so much good about The Road.

Alessandra said...

Uhm. I don't know wehat to suggest since I haven't read any of those. My brother and father both loved The Road, but I haven't read it.

Anonymous said...

I'm no help, either, as I haven't read any of the books on your list. :-(

mimbles said...

I vote The Road because it's on the top of my TBR pile and I'll be able to participate in discussion!

This is all about me isn't it? ;-)

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I was going to say The Road, but then I saw What I Loved on your list and you must read that one! It's one of my favourite books of this year! It's really rather fabulous.