Tuesday, November 11, 2008

National Blog Posting Month # 11: Five good ones

I am broadening my blog-horizon every day. I mainly read book blogs or blogs related in one way or the other to books, but the blog can be of anything really if I find it interesting. I would like to be able to read all the blogs on my blogroll every day, several times a day, but I don't have the time....
With this post I want to highlight 5 good blogs that I try to check every day, even if there are no new posts. Some of those blogs has large archives and I so enjoy clicking around seeing if we have read the same books, have the same tastes and so on.
The blog are (in totally random order)

Literary Escapism - Jackie writes a blog with tons of interesting stuff about books, mainly fantasy. A fabulous blog with so much well written info. I enjoy that blog every day.

Sophisticated Dorkiness - where journalism student Kim blogs about journalism, books and other things. So well written.

The Hidden Side of a Leaf - Dewey blogs about books, hosts Weekly Geeks (which I love by now although I have only done three of them) and have a lot of other activities going on.

Life at the Roger's House - Tiffany blogs about life with husband Bradley and daughter Ava and spends a lot of time photographing as well, so the blog is filled with beautiful images. I have known Tiffy from an online book club since 2002.

Mysteries in Paradise - Kerrie from Australia has a great blog with many reviews of books in one of my favorite genres, mysteries.


This is my 11th post in the NaBloPoMo-challenge. See my page here.

7 comments:

raych said...

Dude, has no one introduced you to bloglines, or GoogleReader? They will check all your blogs FOR YOU! I use bloglines, but I imagine GoogleReader is much the same. You subscribe to a whack of blogs you like (I have 176, but that's a little ridiculous), bloglines checks them for you, and you check bloglines! All you ever get is new content! Is there anything technology can't do?

Louise said...

LOL Raych, I have a Googlereader and I have a couple of blogs on it, but I haven't gotten used to it yet :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I really enjoy reading your blog also :)

Kim

Jackie (Literary Escapism) said...

Thanks for enjoying Literary Escapism! I so totally know what you mean about not having time to check the blogroll. I have 33 blogs in my RSS feeder right now (thank god for Sage) and I know I could keep adding more to it, but then my son would get annoyed with me for being on the computer all the time! :)

Louise said...

What we actually need is more time in a day - 24 hours are not nearly enough ;o)

Kerrie said...

Thank you for the referral Lou. You might like to look at my blog roll page too
crime Fiction Journeys at
http://crimefic-journeys.blogspot.com/

Louise said...

Thanks for the link Kerrie, I will check that out as soon as I am back from work today.