Saturday, November 08, 2008

Casual Classics

I just signed up for another reading challenge for 2009. Its not that I think that I am not reading enough. And it is not that I think that I am not reading enough book or that I think what I read is not good enough. And actually, it is not because I think I HAVE to read classics if I don't feel like it. But I do feel like it. And I thought, that perhaps this challenge is the push I need to get started. Usually I do not plan my reading. I like just grabbing what I want from the shelves. But this challenge is not hard at all - you only sign up for reading 4 classics in a year. Even I should be able to manage that. The hostess of this challenge is MizB. Read more or sign up yourself here.

As this is an Enlish challenge I am waiting to hear if Danish classics are "allowed" or if they must be English. Usually the rules for such challenges are not overly strict. But first and foremost, my reading is almost always for fun and not because I have a need to read a lot of books I may find boring.
I have already found two books I want to read and they have been sitting on my shelf for ages:
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. I have a copy of this one in Danish and it looks like it is an easy read.
Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner. This one I have in English. And I did try reading it way back...it most definitely wasn't easy, but I am willing to try again ;o)


No comments: