Saturday, October 24, 2009

Readathon First Hour


I am a cheerleader for the readathon. It is the first time I join a readathon and wasn't completely sure I could manage just to read, read, read. So I decided to be a cheerleader instead. Eva of A Striped Armchair has been my mentor, putting it all into a system even I can work out. Thanks Eva.

I was here from the beginning, 5 AM Pacific Time (which means 2 PM Copenhagen, Denmark), logging in to Twitter and the Dewey's Readathon Page where the list of all the bloggers participating is.

This first hour, I have visited a total of 11 blogs participating. One blog did not exist anymore, another looked like they were doing something else this weekend and a few had not put up any Readathon-posts yet. But I did find some new-to-me-blogs which I am loooking forward to check out more throughly over the next weeks when the readathon-hangover wears off. Those new-to-me blogs are: Books, Movies, and Chinese Food and  Jenn's Bookshelves and Capricious Reader. I also thought that The Zen Leaf was a new-to-me-blog, but realize that I have visited Amanda's Blog before :-)

I am taking a break off Twitter, because 1) #readathon is trending so a lot of non-readers are checking in and being snide and I am just not in the mood for them this hour and 2) in the roughly 10 minutes it has taken me to write this post, there are 308 new tweets with the # readathon tag...

GO READATHON READERS

2 comments:

Nikola said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know I loved stumbling upon your blog! I'm not doing the readathon either, but it's so great you're a cheerleader! Good luck visiting so many blogs! :)

p.s. - I followed you on twitter (rblprince89)

Eva said...

Welcome to the read-a-thon! Enjoy these first few hours-they'll fly by! I'm sure you'll do great. :D

And thanks so much for the shout-out. :D I have to avoid Twitter today, lol-it's too much of a time suck!