Sunday, March 14, 2010

International book bloggers are hot stuff

I know I've been away for a while. And while I was gone, international book bloggers has become the new it-thing. We are suddenly hot stuff with our clumsy English, written in the shadow of our big sisters and brothers from (mainly) North America, UK and Australia.

Jokes aside. I'm only speaking for myself of course! And I've never met more open and open minded bloggers than the book bloggers, no matter what nationality. And I've never felt I lived in the shadow of any bloggers - in fact, I need to immediately stress that I've been invited to many fun features (guest blogging, guest bloggers etc) by book bloggers regardless of me being Danish. My English problem mainly exists in my own head and it is mainly myself setting up those limits I feel the obvious language barriers presents.

And this is just plain, great news. I'm honestly thrilled.

In a matter of minutes, looking for something else entirely, I found two new features actively involving international bloggers. If you are not already aware (again, I have been MIA for a while and this may have been discussed at length before) I think you should check out Charlotte's blog The Book on the Hill and her feature Book Blogging Around The World.

International Book Tours is another new (to me) feature where all bloggers, regardless of country, can join the various tours. IBT deals with YA for the time being, and I hope to both donate and read for IBT. What a great, new feature. IBT is managed by the young ladies Reggie from The Undercover Book Lover and Mavie from The Bookologist.

8 comments:

Leslie @ This is the Refrain said...

"English problem"?!?!? You don't have an English problem! You write beautiful English! :D

Louise said...

Lu - thanks a lot :-) many people tell me that, and I know that it is good, but no matter what, there is still a language barrier of which I am very much aware :-)

Helen's Book Blog said...

I realize that I don't even think about where the book bloggers are. I think of them as all living near me until they mention snow or living somewhere else. I know that seems really strange, but it's what I love about the blogsphere: it doesn't matter where we live since we are all "together" online. And trust me, you don't have any problems with English!

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

I feel like I'm always behind because it never occurs to me a book blogger is international unless it comes up in one of their posts. And even then, I tend to forget about it after awhile. Sometimes I think that's good because it means we all can just get along, but other times I wish I paid more attention so I would remember to think about international bloggers in giveaways and things like that.

Beth F said...

You of course don't have an English problem! And as you become famous I hope you remember us lowly Americans. :)

Charlotte said...

Thank you for mentionning BBATW ! I'm currently preparing your interview, I will send it to you as soon as possible. :)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

One of the things I love most about blogging is how many people I've met whose snail mail address is a far and distant land. But here in Blogland you're as close to me as my computer monitor.

Care said...

I love meeting bloggers from all over the world. :)