Yep. I'm late doing this. There will be a new BIP-post up tomorrow, but since the first one is about creating a Blog Improvement to-do-list, I feel like I should do that first of all, and then hopefully stick to it throughout the year.
Anyone can join The Blog Improvement Project. I participated whenever I had the time last year, and this year I will try to do as many of the "tasks" as possible. I do think it is a good idea, and I know for sure that my blog can use improvement.
Its not that the blog doesn't work fine as it is, because it does. But that doesn't mean that I cannot make improvements, since there are some things which I've wanted to change for some time now
- Fix labels/categories so that I do not have so many, many of which only used once.
- Find out how to get tabs into a Blogger-blog
- Find a more professional looking template*
- Make bookish links to stores, libraries, publishers etc
- Participate in the book blogger community more. This means more commenting and more time spend on replying to peoples comments
- Try to write some posts that are not just book reviews, but still about books/literature/bookish things
- Mix short and long reviews (actually, I think I am already doing this)
- Link to others reviewing and reading the same books as myself
- Look into social media
- Categorize reviews
I am right now going to clean up the categories and maybe find some new ones which will fit better. So, the Blog Improvement Project has begun :-) Thanks to Kim and Jackie for the work in doing this.